- Efficient and reliable Registered Nurse seeking a position to utilize my nursing education and skills in a reputable health care setting.
- Twenty three years of care giving experience within acute and skilled care, rehabilitation, assisted living and secure dementia units, home health care and private duty hospice care.
- Strong ability to build constructive relationships with patients, family members, physicians and other health care professionals. Ability to quickly establish rapport and a positive working relationship with fellow nurses and ancillary staff.
- Successful in adapting to a variety of clinical areas and changing situations. Quickly able to orient myself to unfamiliar units as well as independently take initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal, phone and digital communication skills.
Brandywine Hospital, Coatesville, PA (March 2013 to Present)
- Implement, evaluate and document all patient care interventions and responses
- Perform assessment of the mental and physical status of all assigned patients upon admission and every twenty-four hours
- Initiate and maintain multi-disciplinary treatment plans, and make sure that all elements are reviewed and revised as required by departmental policy and regulatory standards.
- Attend daily patient rounds, share professional knowledge, and make appropriate recommendations regarding clinical and programmatic needs of patients
- Assess patient/family learning needs, as well as providing and documenting psycho-educational interventions by utilizing a variety of therapeutic programming modalities (groups, 1:1’s, etc.)
- Act as a member of the security alert team, in responding to agitation/violent behavior of individuals requiring verbal de-escalation and/or physical restraints, seclusion, and / or other behavioral management.
Freedom Village Brandywine, Coatesville, PA (June 2011 to January 2012)
- Rotated between Skilled Nursing, Rehabilitation, Secure Dementia and Assisted Living Units
- Supervised and delegated tasks to support staff
- Patient care including medication administration and wound care
- Promoted socialization and conversation with patients, allowing them to express concerns in a nonjudgmental, unhurried environment
- Responded to all in house emergencies
- Highly detailed documenting for Medicare reimbursement
- Educated patients and family members in health maintenance, disease process and prevention
- Created care plans to resolve and follow through on patient issues
Professional Nursing Services, Phoenixville, PA (May 2008 to March 2011)
Home Health RN
- Independently provided focused one-on-one care within the home and school environment for patients who are at a significant risk for illness or injury
- Performed health assessments of individuals and families by evaluating their physical, mental and environmental health status; provided nursing intervention based on assessment of need
- Made skilled nursing observations of client health status by monitoring and documenting such things as vital signs, pulse, presence of edema, heart and lung auscultation, blood and urine laboratory values, intake and output, consciousness and orientation levels; completed health histories and evaluations, and assessed living arrangements
- Coordinated health care services provided by ancillary personnel such as home health aides, and instructed clients and families on methods of positive health maintenance
Atria Woodbridge Place, Kimberton, PA (July 2006 to March 2008)
- Completed The Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare Office of Mental Retardation Medication Administration certification program
- Administered medications according to the Medicine Administration Record
- Provided nursing and nursing related services to residents in the secured dementia unit as well as independent and assisted living apartments
Associate of Applied Science in Nursing – Delaware County Community College, Media, PA
Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science/Biology – State University, Kutztown, PA