Winter Park Memorial Hospital, Winter Park, FL (August 2009 to July 2013)
- Assessed need for, ordered, obtained and interpreted appropriate lab tests.
- Quickly responded to and resolved all customer service issues in a timely manner.
- Created worksheets and logged samples correctly into the computerized tracking system.
- Managed specimen sample handling, receiving, storage and inventory.
- Processed clinical specimens, including from lymph nodes, spleen, and peripheral blood, for laboratory
- testing and archiving.
- Acted professionally and patiently when addressing negative customer feedback.
- Accurately documented, researched and resolved customer service issues.
- Experience with various medical conditions including Parkinson’s, Dementia, Diabetes, Cancer, Alzheimer’s and Paget’s disease.
- Collected blood, tissue and other laboratory specimens and prepared them for lab testing.
- Followed infection control procedures.
- Ordered and read lab tests for Doctors and Nurses.
- Withdrew Blood from, Geriatric Patients, Infants, Toddler, New Borns, Teens and Adults.
Cape Fear Valley Cancer Ctr, Fayetteville, NC (March 2006 to May 2009)
- Performed blood draws on cancer and hematology patients
- Labeled blood and urine specimens before transfer to main lab
- Ordered supplies weekly for lab
- Ordered and drew complicated hematology and oncology tests as requested by doctors
- Performed difficult draws on cancer patients on a daily basis
- Obtained vital signs from patients if nurses required assistance
- Performed monthly quality control on stool specimen collection cards
- Assisted patients in understanding and collecting 24 urine specimens.
Winter Park Memorial Hospital, Winter Park, FL (August 2004 to August 2005)
Certified Nursing Assistant
- Interviewed patients to obtain medical information, weight and height measurements and vital signs.
- Documented patient information obtained from interviews.
- Completed clinical rotations in Geriatrics.
- Assessed patients and documented their medical histories.
- Evaluated patient care needs, prioritized treatment, and maintained patient flow.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate outstanding healthcare teams.
- Treated patients with strokes, head traumas, comas, and intracranial hematomas.
- Provided behavioral/emotional support and supervision for those with dementia and Alzheimer’s.
- Engaged patients with games, crafts, cooking, music, reading and other activities.
- Assisted nurses with wound care for pressure ulcers, bed sores, and surgical site wounds.
- Assisted in cleansing enemas, catheterization and bladder irrigations.
- Followed safe lifting techniques and individual resident lifting instructions.
- Answered call lights and aided in patient comfort and safety by adjusting beds, lights, bed rails, pillows, patients’ clothing and bedside tables/equipment.
Professional Care Network, Orlando, FL (November 2000 to August 2004)
Home Health Aide
- Maintained accurate records of patient care, condition, progress and concerns.
- Monitored vital signs, such as blood pressure and pulse.
- Responded appropriately to the physical, emotional and developmental needs of patients.
- Tested and recorded blood glucose levels.
- Cooked appetizing and satisfying meals and snacks.
- Obtained household supplies and ran daily errands.
- Maintained sanitary residents’ and program rooms.
- Documented objective data and routine aspects of patient care.
- Helped residents with their programs and increase their independence.
Medical Assistant & Phlebotomy Degree – Cuesta College