Bilingual Medical Assistant and Certified Nursing Assistant licensed in the state of Texas. Current certification in BLS for Health Care providers. Over 5 years experience serving Geriatric and chronically ill patients including assisting with daily living activities, mobility assistance and quality patient care. Trustworthy care provider experienced in home and assisted living settings.
Bright Star New Braunfels, TX (December 2012 to March 2013)
Certified Nursing Assistant
- Observed and documented patient status and reported patient complaints to the case manager.
- Assisted with transferring residents in and out of wheelchairs and adaptive equipment.
- Assisted with ADLs.
- Provided transportation, assistance and companionship to clients.
- Comforted patients and provided them with reassurance and encouragement.
Self Employed San Antonio, TX (April 2012 to June 2012)
Private Care Provider
- Provided daily nursing care for terminally ill resident.
- Positioned resident for comfort and to prevent skin pressure problems.
- Assisted with adequate nutrition and fluid intake.
- Exhibited compassionate care and communication with regard to issues of death and dying.
- Reported observations to family member.
Graceland Assisted Living Garden Ridge, TX (April 2010 to April 2012)
Resident Care Associate
- Observed and documented patient status and reported patient complaints to the community nurse. Charted daily information on the residents such as mood changes, mobility activity, eating percentages, and daily inputs and outputs.
- Promoted continuity of care by accurately and completely communicating to other caregivers
- the status of patients for which care is provided.
- Participated in the maintenance of safe conditions within the facility and other related areas.
- Planned, prepared and served meals and snacks according to prescribed diets.
- Facilitated games and other activities to engage clients.
- Promoted personal and co-worker safety.
- Provided patients and families with emotional support.
Visiting Physicians Association Austin, TX (December 2007 to January)
- Helped physicians examine and treat patients by assisting with instruments, injections and suture removal.
- Obtain vital signs and lab draw specimens as ordered.
- Recorded patients’ medical history, vital statistics and test results in medical records.
- Completed and submitted clinical documentation in accordance with agency guidelines.
Dr. Lerma Family Medicine Bastrop, TX (September 2006 to November 2007)
Medical Administrative Assistant
- Recorded and filed patient data and medical records.
- Efficiently performed insurance verification and pre-certification and pre-authorization functions.
- Acquired insurance authorizations for procedures and tests ordered by the attending physician. Scheduled patient appointments.
- Wrote clear and detailed clinical phone messages for physicians.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HIPAA Privacy and Security Regulations by appropriately handling patient information.
Education and Training
2012 Enlight Academy San Antonio, TX
Certification Nursing Assistant
2007 Everest Institute Austin, TX
Medical Assistant Diploma Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant Diploma