Highly skilled Nursing Professional with qualifications in nursing management and expertise in providing high quality nursing care and unparalleled patient service. Creative problem solver and leader, adept at managing projects and people while effectively delegating and providing support and promoting a cohesive team environment. Insures that everyone understands and identifies with the organization’s mission and core values. Documented and quantified success in implementing changes that resulted in significant improvement in efficiencies and reduction of costs.
County of Sutter, Yuba City, CA (December 2007 to July 2012)
- Developed processes to screen, interview, hire, train, and maintain the competency of all department staff.
- Staffed and scheduled nursing personnel while determining appropriate staff mix – including budgeting and managing the use of temporary agency nursing staff, as appropriate.
- Evaluated individual performance of team members, which included Written Annual Performance Appraisals and Performance Improvement Plans.
- Managed and collaborated with county entities to resolve human resource, labor relations, employee and department safety, and risk management issues.
- Developed and monitored budgets and resource allocations while identifying strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care and service. ($1.5M – $2.5M annually)
- Conducted regular medical records review and audits to assure quality measures were being followed and maintained.
- Wrote and developed department policies and procedures.
- Developed tracking and assessment tools to help prioritize workflow to insure timely provision of nursing services.
- Chaired Multi-disciplinary Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) Team, while collaborating with physicians and other health care providers to establish, implement, and maintain quality patient care and services.
- Promoted and improved patient services by problem solving patient/inmate complaints and grievances.
- Excellent service and communication skills as demonstrated by courtesy, tact, and respect while interacting with patients, families, and staff.
- Initiated referrals and follow-up for patients released from jail for re-instatement of Medi-Cal, Medically Indigent Adult Program (MIA), Comprehensive Perinatal Services Program (CPSP), and other state funded medical programs and resources.
County of Placer, Auburn, CA (September 1999 to November 2007)
- Case Management of Communicable Diseases including Contact Investigations, TB cases, and making appropriate clinical referrals to medical, dental, and mental health care providers.
- Collaborated with physicians and other health care providers to establish, implement, and maintain quality patient care and services.
- Proficient in in-home medical procedures including tube feedings, IV infusions, insulin administration, dressing changes, patient and family teaching.
- Supervised all aspects of the County Immunization Program, which included detailed written reports to the State.
- Wrote, implemented, and managed $2M annually in Public Health Preparedness Grants including West Nile Virus, H1N1 Pandemic Influenza, and Bioterrorism Preparedness.
- .Collaborated with Law Enforcement, First Responders, and Hospital Disaster Planners to coordinate several Field Drills, Tabletop Exercises, and Emergency Preparedness activities annually.
- Supervised Vital Statistics department, which was responsible for issuing and archiving all Birth and Death Certificates for Placer County.
BloodSource, Sacramento, CA (February 1998 to September 1999)
- Supervised Community Mobile Blood Drives conducted throughout the Greater Sacramento area.
- Coordinated with community contact person to ensure a successful blood drive by answering questions and directing staff and volunteers.
- Supervised RNs, LVN, Phlebotomy Techs, and Clerical staff in all aspects of blood withdrawal, which included set up, blood withdrawal, monitoring patients during blood donation process, resolve any customer concerns, take down and storage of all phlebotomy equipment.
- Monitored the strict use of sterile and aseptic techniques during the blood donation process.
Kaiser Hospital, Sacramento, CA (January 1997 to February 1998)
Staff Nurse II
- Provided Direct Patient Care appropriate to Nursing Unit assigned: Medical / Surgical, Hospice, Medical ICU, Cardiac ICU, and Neuro ICU.
- Conducted Medical and Surgical Unit Charge Nurse responsibilities – supervision of RN, LVN, CNA, and clerical staff.
- Administered Blood products including whole blood, platelets, and plasma.
- Proficient at Patient Intubation, use of suctioning, ventilator, and Hemodynamic monitoring equipment.
- Participated as Member of Code Blue Team. Use of Advanced Cardiac Life Support measures including CPR and AED.
Kaiser Hospital, Sacramento, CA (June 1980 to January 1997)
Hospital I.V. Pharmacy Technician
- Use of Laminar Flow Hood for making all I.V. admixtures for the hospital units – including antibiotic piggybacks and TPN for the adult, pediatric, and neonatal patient.
- Utilized computer-based I.V. TPN compounding system.
- Proficient in chemotherapeutic/antineoplastic compounding.
- Ordered, stocked, and maintained all appropriate I.V. compounding supplies.
BSN – California State University, Chico, CA
PHN in Nursing – California State University, Chico, CA
AS in Biological Sciences – Yuba College, Marysville, CA
AS in Hospital Pharmacy Technology – Chabot College, Hayward, CA