West Houston Dermatology, Houston, TX (June 2012 to Present)
- Escort patients, assist the dermatologist during examination and procedures, take medical history, obtain vitals.
- Responsible for explaining appropriate pre-op and post-op care for all medical, surgical, cosmetic, and laser procedures.
- Responsible for explaining medications and their medication schedules as prescribed by providers.
- Assist providers entering information in patient’s chart during and after each visit.
- Assist with surgical procedures and prepare pathology specimen for pick up.
- Review pathology result with patient as directed by practitioners.
- Trained and performed various laser procedures including Xtrac laser, Cutera, Coolsculpting, laser hair removal, and UVA/UVB light box.
- Assist during other laser procedures performed by providers including Yag, Sciton, Ultheraphy and Aura laser.
- Perform various paper duties including patient referrals, call backs and patient phone triage, prescription refills and prior authorizations.
- Manage and explain iPLEDGE protocols for isotretinoin patients.
- Manage and stock office and medical supplies including keeping pharmaceutical samples in stock.
- Maintain good relationship with pharmaceutical reps and specialty pharmacies.
- Assist with various office events including open house, Psoriasis walk, and office meetings.
Doctor’s Express, Waltham, MA (December 2010 to February 2012)
- Greeted and checked in patients through a docutap system.
- Verified insurance and collected co-payments from patients.
- Triaged patients, gathered vital signs, oxygen saturation, medical history and input information into docutap EMR system.
- Performed phlebotomies and tested bloods for CMP and CBC using the Piccolo chemistry and QB Star machines.
- Performed EKG’s, urinalysis, rapid strep, mono, urine hcg, glucose and influenza, peak flow testing.
- Gave travel injections and vaccines to patients, yellow fever, t-dap, influenza, hep A, hep B and ppd testing.
- Maintained strict quality control in laboratory on machines and tests.
- Assisted doctor with patients and minor surgeries and sutures.
- Performed breath alcohol tests, DOT physicals, urine drug screens, pre-employment physicals.
Newton Wellesley Hospital, Newton, MA (March 2006 to November 2010)
- Performed phlebotomy procedures on in-house and homebound patients.
- Specimen processing through the hospital meditech system.
- Received and prepared blood for testing and send out tests.
- Adhered to strict quality control procedures.
- Team-Leader in charge of delegating work to co-workers, dispatching work and stats, assign routes for next day’s work.
- Responded to stats in a timely fashion.
- Gathered medical histories and vital signs from patients.
New England Orthopedic Specialists, Peabody, MA (2006 to 2007)
- Responsible for administrative functions of the office, answer phones, triage patients, scanned records, fax, copy, and file.
- Documented medications, vital signs, and medical histories in the electronic medical records system.
- Removed casts, sutures, staples and pain pumps from patients.
- Renewed prescriptions for patients.
- Scheduled MRI’s, Cat Scans and other tests with hospital’s for patient testing.
- Performed EKG’s and phlebotomy on patients.
- Restocked exam rooms.
- Assisted doctor with procedures as needed.
Associate of Applied Science in Medical Assisting – Bryant & Stratton College, Richmond, VA