Kindred Hospital of South Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA (April 2009 to Present)
Staff Nurse/Critical Care Nurse
- Provides delivery of direct and indirect patient care through the nursing process of Assessment, Planning, Intervention, and Evaluation.
- Develops nursing care plan in coordination with patient, family and interdisciplinary staff as necessary.
- Perform chest physical therapy treatments which involve percussion, postural drainage or suctioning.
- Maintain continuous hemodynamic monitoring and support for all critically ill patients, with an overall goal in delivering this care to minimize morbidity and mortality as well as to facilitate optimal patient outcomes.
- Communicate changes in patient’s clinical condition with Physicians, Nursing Supervisor/Manager, and co-workers as appropriate.
Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA (April 2002 to November 2008)
Surgical Staff Nurse
- Exhibited leadership skills within the role of Surgical Charge Nurse and/or Preceptor, on a 35 bed adult cardiac surgery unit with telemetry capabilities for cardiac monitoring
- Cared for patients pre/postoperative open heart surgery, including, but not limited to those undergoing CABG, Valve Replacements, TAA repair, and heart and/or lung transplantation.
- Worked with Nurse Practitioners within an interdisciplinary team to meet the physical, emotional and educational discharge planning needs of the patients’ and families
- Proficient in working with surgical post-op issues that include, Atrial Fibrilliant, Supraventricular tachycardia, electrolyte imbalances, wound infections, incision care, care of chest tubes, operation of external/internal pace maker monitoring, pleural effusions, pnuemothorax and hemodynamic monitoring with arterial lines, peritoneal dialysis, titration and monitoring patients with cardiac-specific infusions.
- Participated in bed side cardioversions and chest tube insertions.
- Member of the Nursing staff that piloted the initial insulin drip protocol, which proceeded to become hospital wide.
- Monitoring patients on BIVAD/LVAD devices.
- Functioned as an initial member of the Unit Council Committee for Silverstein 10.
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, , Philadelphia, PA (September 2001 to August 2002)
Staff Nurse – Critical Care Unit
- Provided care for patients with Multiple Myeloma, Hodgkin’s disease, and Acute Myelocitic Leukemia.
- Proficient in operating/monitoring patients on respiratory ventilators and CVVHD.
- Trained to assist with the administration of Bone Marrow Transplants.
- Administered and monitored patients receiving continuous drip chemotherapy.
- Performed accessing/de-accessing of implanted catheters, for chemotherapy administration.
M.S.N in Family Nurse Practitioner – Widener University, Chester, PA
B.S in Nursing – Immaculata University, Immaculata, PA