NYU Medical Center, New York, NY (March 2010 to March 2013)
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse
- Rendered direct patient care to critically ill adults in the medical, general surgical, cardiovascular surgical and cardiac care units.
- Utilized swan ganz catheters, LA lines, arterial lines, PD, CAVHD, and IABP apparatus in patient management.
- Performed adjustments to ventilators and pressor/sedative drips in response to patient needs.
- Prepared and mentored beginning nurses in developing their clinical expertise in the critical care area.
- Supervised the cardiovascular surgical unit regularly.
St. Barnabas Medical Center, Livingston, NJ (May 2007 to January 2010)
Heart Failure Nurse Practitioner
- Assisted in creation and current management of the Heart Failure Team
- Manages and coordinates care for an assigned group of heart failure patients, following them from the emergency department through the post acute care period
- Active member of committees to lower length of stay and readmissions, to increase core measure compliance, and to improve the hospitals transitional care model
- Active member of committee to begin discharge planning for heart failure patients starting on day of admission
- Performs review of charts to verify compliance with core measure guidelines
Saint Barnabas Medical Center, Livingston, NJ (May 2005 to May 2007)
Cardiac Telemetry Nurse Practitioner
- Performed coronary CT angiograms in collaboration with radiologist
- Performed stress echocardiograms in collaboration with cardiologist
- Screened patients for appropriateness for admission to telemetry floor
- Managed and coordinated care for an assigned group of telemetry patients having a variety of cardiac diagnoses
- Collaborated with peers to create PRONJ compliance tools and discharge order forms
- Provided coverage for Stroke team when needed
Palisade Medical Center, North Bergen, NJ (April 2004 to April 2005)
- Collaborated with two other nurse practitioners and Palisades Medical Center facility to create a new unit called the Rapid Admit Unit.
- Performed admissions, discharges and wrote orders, within the Rapid Admit unit, to assist the attending physicians and to facilitate a quicker and more efficient hospital stay for the client.
- Performed skin care rounds on all hospital units for evaluation and treatment of skin breakdown.
- Collected data to create updated skin care protocols within the institution.
Murray Hill Medical Group, New York, NY (April 1999 to April 2004)
- Provided annual physical exams and vaccinations for internal medicine patients
- Diagnosed and managed a variety of episodic complaints with a focus on gastroenterology disease management and treatment.
- Fully managed the care of all patients referred with Chronic Hepatitis C from diagnosis onward through treatment.
MA in Adult Primary Care Nursing – New York University, New York, NY
BS in Nursing – Binghamton University, Binghamton, NY